Friday, March 09, 2007

Blossom countdown


Look!
Up in the sky!
It’s a … blossom!!!!
At 5:17 p.m. on Thursday, I saw my first cherry blossom. It was on the large Yoshino cherry in my mother’s yard. I went by to see her after work, and the first words out of my mouth when I walked in the door were: “You’ve got one blossom on your cherry tree!!!!”
She told me she had been outside earlier in the day and hadn’t seen any. But, sure enough, one solitary blossom had opened up during the warm afternoon.
A few more sunny, 75-degree days and those blooms will start popping.
The festival starts one week from today.
I can’t wait. I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again.
There’s no prettier place on earth than Macon in the springtime.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! It's basically a picture out of a magazine everywhere you look.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to know your mom is feeling better and getting out.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home