Thursday, March 08, 2007

Scattershooting on a Thursday

Scattershooting on a Thursday morning.

  • I would like to thank friend Bill Pilcher for providing me with my newest favorite quotation. Bill and I are currently working on getting a film project started. His words of wisdom were from the great Albert Einstein: “Nothing happens unless something moves.’’
  • A southwest Bibb County woman found a red bowling ball in her yard last week. She believes it may have been dropped there by Thursday’s tornadoes. Although her home is several miles from the Sandy Point area in Crawford County, where there was considerable storm damage, she is not ruling out the possibility of one big gutter ball by the twister. Sounds like one of my errant golf shots.
  • I bet Ed Nabors, the truck driver in North Georgia who won $116.5 million in the lottery, now has relatives he didn't know he had. Of course, his name is Ed. So the thought has crossed my mind we might be related. ...
  • I hope our lawmakers vote against Sunday alcohol sales when it is put up for a vote in the senate next week. Can’t folks go one day a week without drinking? It’s a sacred day. Let’s keep it that way. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
  • I’m working on my first -- sniffle, sniffle, cough, cough – cold of the season. So if you run into me somewhere, I won't have to explain why I smell like Vicks Vapo Rub.
  • This certainly won’t make me – or anybody else – feel any better. Gas is back up over $3 a gallon in parts of California and Hawaii.
  • Have they finally buried James Brown and Anna Nicole Smith? Is it safe to come out now?
  • Hope to see you at the Forsythia Festival in Forsyth this week. I’ll be there Saturday and Sunday signing books and CDs at the Monroe County Museum at 126 East Johnston Street. Come by and say hello.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So my sacred day is on Saturday. Why again can I not buy beer on Sunday? Oh yeah, hypocritical religious fundamentalists that like to impose their beliefs on others.

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hypocritical religious fundamentalists? you my friend jason is why this country is going the direction it is...why having the 10 commandments in a courtroom is rare...why airports can't have christmas trees...
If your sacred day is Saturday, then fine, but respect that mine and the majority of others is on Sunday!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not drink or smoke but if others wish to do so on Sunday it is alright with me. I just do not have the need to control what others wish to do. An open liquor store on Sunday to me means about the same thing as an open auto parts store.

John G. Kelley, Jr.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Nothing happens until something moves" is also the slogan of the U.S. Army Transportation Corps--

AMEN on no sunday Liquor sales--I like to hoist some on occasion myself, but Sunday is Sunday-either get it on Saturday nigght like my ol man used to do or wait until Monday--Paradise is open until 9:30 on Saturday evening (Quote from Brother Dave Gardner in a movie i saw)..

Forsythia putting on the dog, but nothing compares to the best Hometown in the world here in just a few days.
Life is Good.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My county is dry too, but doesn't bother me a bit. I sort of get a kick out of the serious drinkers running out of their stash and not being able to refill.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home