Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Positively


I took this photo Saturday of the koi pond in the Japanese garden
at Massee Lane Gardens on the grounds of the American Camellia
Society headquarters between Fort Valley and Marshallville

I have a little book I keep within arm’s length. It’s a book of quotations called “Positive Thoughts.’’

I’m not sure how I got it or how long I’ve had it. It’s just one of those books that showed up in my life. And I’m glad it did.

Here are a few of the quotations I would like to share with you.

“Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint on it you can.’’ – Danny Kaye

“Write it in your heart that every day is the best day in the year.’’ – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“It was on my fifth birthday that Papa put his hand on my shoulder and said: ‘Remember, my son, if you ever need a helping hand, you’ll find one at the end of your arm.’ ’’ – Sam Levenson

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.’’ – Teddy Roosevelt

“To be nobody but yourself – in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else – means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.’’ – e.e. cummings

“Every good thought you think is contributing its share to the ultimate result of your life.’’ – Grenville Kleiser

“Neglect not the gift that is in thee.’’ – I Timothy 4:14

“My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it’s on your plate.’’ – Thornton Wilder

“Every man is the architect of his own fortune.’’ – English proverb

“You win some, you lose some, but you gotta suit up for them all.’’ – J. Askenberg

“Joy is the echo of God’s life within us.’’—Joseph Marmion

“Anyone can carry his burden, however hard, until nightfall. Anyone can do his work, however hard, for one day. Anyone can live sweetly, patiently, lovingly, purely, till the sun goes down. And this is all that life really means.’’ – Robert Louis Stevenson

“We are all here for a spell. Get all the good laughs you can.’’ – Will Rogers

“The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed.’’ -- Sebastien Chamfort

“To be happy and contented, count your blessings, not your cash.’’ – Chinese Proverb

“Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses.’’ – Alphonse Karr

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quotes. Always nice to be reminded of how good life really is.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home