Thursday, March 01, 2007

Butterflies at the doctor's office



I went to the doctor Wednesday morning. It’s never the most comforting place to be.
I don’t know many folks who don’t get nervous at the thought of going to the doctor’s office.
Their minds keep tryin to convince them all these things are wrong with them.
For me, it was just a routine check-up, a follow-up from my annual physical this past August.
I had to make sure all my prescriptions were working, and not causing any side-effects, like strange things growing out of the side of my head.
Before I went, I jotted down a few questions – and a list of new ailments.
Why does that list keep getting longer as you get older?
While I was in the examination room, I overheard one of the physician assistants discussing something as she was reading the morning paper.
She saw the headline “Antioxidant vitamins may add to death risk” on the front page.
“Get ready,’’ she said. “We’re going to get a lot of calls today.’’
I did have some bloodwork done, so I’ll be anxiously awaiting the results of that. Otherwise, everything else seems to be OK. The aches and pains appear to just be normal aches and pains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home