Friday, April 13, 2007

Matters of the Hart

I am going to completely ignore the fact that today is Friday the 13th. There is too much going on to get carried away with that.

For one, the local connections to cartoonist Johnny Hart just keep on coming.
(The memorial service for the creator of the B.C. comic strip will be held today in Ninevah, N.Y.)

This is from a local chiropractor, J.C. Smith of Smith Spinal Care of Warner Robins:

Dear Gris, enjoyed your article about Johnny Hart this morning. For years I took care of his niece, who introduced me to Johnny. One day years ago I cut out one of his cartoons that dealt with my profession of chiropractic. She saw this and a month later brought me the original autographed by Johnny. In all, I have 7 cartoons that he signed for me, including one idea that I sent to him and he did as a cartoon
.

Got another note from Kate West who wrote:

Just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed your Johnny Hart story - what a great story and it was well written. I grew up in Thomasville, Ga. And interviewed Mr. Hart during a visit to Boston, Ga. in 1988. I was a senior in high school and was so impressed by how nice he was to grant me an interview for a high school newspaper.

Here are several autographed B.C. strips Smith sent me. Enjoy!!!









1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly enjoyed the comics submitted by J.C. Smith. They are GREAT! Thanks for sharing.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home