Monday, April 09, 2007

Over the hill and far away



Another birthday for me today.

Another year older. Another year wiser?

Just look at all those candles on the cake from a family birthday party this past weekend.

A lot of fire. A lot of smoke.

And a lot of wise cracks.

So if you’ve got any “over the hill” jokes to add, go ahead and throw them on the blog pile.

I’m getting so old …

  • When I tried to straighten out the wrinkles in my socks, I realized I wasn’t wearing any,
  • I’ve been having dreams about prunes.
  • I turned up my hearing aids at the breakfast table and heard the snap, crackle and pop. Problem was, I wasn’t eating Rice Krispies.
  • My favorite part of the paper is “50 Years Ago Today.’’
  • I think Sansabelts look pretty good on me.
  • My summer reading list includes "The World According to AARP."
  • I don’t care where my wife goes, as long as I don’t have to go along.
  • Everything hurts. And what doesn’t hurt, doesn’t work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Good looking cake, too!
-Carolann Evans

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you can get Senior Citizen discounts!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home