Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Ice chip off the auction block


Well, the shipment of Colorado snow I ordered on eBay last week arrived in my mailbox on Monday
I’m neither elated nor disappointed because, quite frankly, I didn’t really know what to expect.
There was no real indication of how much “snow” I would be getting. But I had hoped for more than a thimbleful, which is what I got. I thought I would have at least enough to make a snowball because, after all, I paid 99 cents, plus $2 shipping.
By the time it arrived in my zip code, it had long since melted, of course. It was sent first-class mail but I’m sure it began to liquify about the time it hit the Mississippi line and made a lukewarm trip through Alabama and Georgia.
I had said all along I would re-freeze it and make a snowball. No chance of that now. I’ve got about enough for an ice chip.
Now, for my next trick. …

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed I have heard of bait and switch but this sounds more like chill and change. I would demand my cold cash back.


John G. Kelley, Jr.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Ed Grisamore said...

John:
It was probably worth $2.99. I got two blogs and part of a column out of it. I'm going to sell them some "live" gnats this summer!!!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home