Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday Scattershooting



Random thoughts and scattershooting on a Friday.
  • No, the snow I bought on eBay hasn’t arrived from Colorado. but you will be the first to know, loyal blog readers.

  • My friend, Steve Wilson, continues to have the funniest blog in Macon. Check out WMCC here.

  • The other morning when I read where Starbucks will start cutting trans fats from its muffins was the same morning I hurried to Starbucks to get a banana nut muffin (my favorite) before they start tasting like cardboard.

  • I live in the wealthiest county in Middle Georgia? Well, according to the latest tier ranking by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs, Monroe County is now tops in the midstate. Wow! I know we have a new Dairy Queen, but we really need to upgrade our Wal-Mart.

  • George Washington Carver, who was born on this day in 1864, once said: "When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'that knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well, George, that's more nearly your size.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home