Tuesday, January 02, 2007

High resolutions


“Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.’’ -- Mark Twain

I’ve managed to keep my New Year’s resolutions. OK, I know it has only been one day, but a little self-encouragement never hurts.

If only Monday itself could have been a resolution, I would have resolved to watch football all day. And eat black-eyed peas and turnip greens.

I have a very worthy list of resolutions for 2007. There’s the usual pledge to become better organized, get more exercise and take time to smell the cherry blossoms.

I won’t share them all with you, but one of them is to hike all 76 miles of the Appalachian Trail in Georgia with my three sons.

Better start walking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed, your goal to walk the AT is a good one. I made the hike from Springer Mountain to the North Carolina line last year and it is a major undertaking. Happy to share some tips if you need them.


John G. Kelley, Jr.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home