Wednesday, December 13, 2006

That's not my job


The four worst words in the workplace dictionary are:

That’s Not My Job!

How many times do we experience that kind of attitude? Happens all the time.

We pick up the phone to contact a company, jump through all the hoops, push all the numbers and tiptoe through the maze of instructions. Then we finally hear a human voice, and it’s often the wrong one.

There’s usually some lame explanation.

That’s Not My Job.

How many times do we walk into one of those super-sized box stores, try to find someone to help or at least answer a question and get deflected by the response?

That’s Not My Department.

I don’t know whether it’s laziness or indifference, but it’s killing the American workplace.

Why should I have to do it? Somebody else is supposed to be responsible for that.

My friend, Joe Mac, sent me the above photo. I don’t know who took it or where it came from. Wouldn't it have taken less effort to move the limb rather than go around it?

A picture is worth a thousand words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home