Friday, December 01, 2006

Up early on the radio


Kenny Burgamy and Ed Grisamore in WMAC-AM studio (photo by Brother Neal)

If you were up early this morning, and had one ear on the radio, you might have heard me on the “Kenny B and Jami G Show” on WMAC-AM 940. I was on for about 10 minutes starting at 7:38 a.m.

Jami had the morning off, so it was just me and Kenny. Kenny Burgamy has been a very good friend for almost 20 years. I was on the show to talk about my audio book, “Gris & That,’’ which has been nominated for a Grammy Award in the “Spoken Word” category.

I also ran into Laura Starling in the hallway, and she whisked me into the studio at WDEN after I got through talking with Kenny. Laura and Vance Shepherd, the Early Mornin' Crew, also talked to me about the audiobook. It was a lot of fun.

For those of you who are curious about the status of the Grammy nomination, we should know something in the next couple of weeks. I have made it from a list of almost 2,000 nominations to 103. There will be one more cut to a final list.

If, by some miracle, I make it to that next step, I will get to go to the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles in February. That would be so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home