Friday, November 24, 2006

No longer star of the show


I can remember a time when the turkey was the centerpiece of the Thanksgiving meal.

It was the star of the show. Everything revolved around the bird.

For some folks, it’s still that way. But it has lost some of its glamour for me because I now eat turkey all the time.

Growing up, I could count on one hand the number of times we had turkey during the year. Now, I sometimes eat it two or three times a week.

I smoke turkeys on my grill. We get sliced turkey at the deli and have sandwiches.

It’s just not as special as it used to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The turkey has lackluster because it is the staple food of the
babyboomer generation. Doctor puts you on a diet, it's turkey involved unless you're vegetarians. Want a quick sandwiche, it has taken the place of ham for many. Our family focuses more on the "fixins" than anything. It is a curse to change tradition or recipes since they are being passed down to show our non-cooking generation how good foods are prepared. They will miss it when we are gone; but, they will have turkey.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home