Friday, November 17, 2006

Gratitude Journal Part I


Photo by Joel Edward Grisamore

In these days leading up to Thanksgiving, I am opening my gratitude journal.

It is for these things I am thankful:

For the sound of a train in the night. …. For fried green tomato sandwiches. … For the sights and sound of children running through a sprinkler or playing in a fountain. … For pens that write when they’re supposed to write. …

For Altoids chewing gum (Wowgazowee, that stuff is strong!!!) ... For flannel pajamas when the chilly nights start arriving. … For friends with a hug or comforting word in a time of sorrow. …
For a new book and the time to read it …

For the politician who actually has something nice to say about his or her opponent. … For arch supports for aching feet. … For spelling checks on computers – heaven knows I need them. … For duct tape – it truly holds the world together. …

For blog readers.

(Coming Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: More from the Gratitude Journal.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the gratitude journal.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home