Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Talking Herschel


I met with CSTV crew (L-R) Glenn Anderson, Adam Aizer and Emily Melton

Two weeks ago, I got a letter from David Seigerman, a producer with CSTV.com (College Sports Television) in New York. He told me a CSTV crew had been on the road since the beginning of football season.

Its assignment was "telling stories of the people and pageantry that makes the SEC football experience so unique.''

The three members of the crew wanted to interview me about my newspaper experiences covering Herschel Walker when he was a high school senior at Johnson County in 1979-80. I told him I had lots of "Herschel" stories.

I met with the crew - Glenn Anderson, Adam Aizer and Emily Melton - on Monday, Oct. 30 at the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, where they also talked with curator Alan Robison.

I really enjoyed meeting these folks. It was interesting hearing their stories about life on the road. They were passing through Macon after spending the weekend in Jacksonville for the Georgia-Florida game. They left here and traveled to Herschel's hometown in Wrightsville before making their way to Knoxville to get a dose of those rabid Tennessee fans.

They loved hearing about Herschel. I had a great time reminiscing about a unique era of sports in Middle Georgia.

You can watch the video by clicking here. (Scroll down to "Herschel's Legacy,'' dated 11/01).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home