Monday, February 12, 2007

Wish you were here



OK, I was not in Los Angeles last night for the Grammys.
They did not call my name. I did not get to go up on stage and thank my family, friends and neighbors in front of millions of people. My wife did not get to buy a new dress and get to see the Dixie Chicks. (She doesn't care for them much anyway.)
But, I was there in spirit.
As many of you know, I did come with an earshot. My audiobook “Gris & That” was nominated for a Grammy in the “Spoken Word” category. I made the cut from the initial round, with more than 1,000 submissions, to the round of 103. Although I did not make the final five, I was tickled to make it as far as I did.
Former President Jimmy Carter shared the award in that category Sunday night with Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee.
Doesn't seem quite fair, does it? Carter has already won the Nobel Peace Prize. What does he need with a Grammy?
Oh, well. Here is a photo of what might have been.
A guy is allowed to dream a little, isn’t he?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...you're still a winner in our book!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home