Tuesday, February 06, 2007

One more pot of gold


(BRUCE RADCLIFFE/The Telegraph)

I’m not finished writing about rainbows. In last Friday’s blog, I wrote about one of our readers, Eva Henderson, who snapped a picture with her camera phone of the end of the rainbow back in November on Highway 341 between Perry and Fort Valley.

This followed my column about Julie Wallace, a young woman from Macon who is battling cancer, and rainbow she recently saw as a sign of hope.

During all this rainbow writing I remembered a photograph one of my colleague’s had taken of the “end of the rainbow.’’ I asked photographer Bruce Radcliffe to dust off a spectacular picture he had taken 14 years ago.

Bruce was driving back from a conference in Nashville, Tenn., in 1993 and drove into a torrential thunderstorm.

“After the rain began to let up, a rainbow began to appear off to the left behind a mountain,’’ he said. “As I continued, the rainbow moved from behind the mountain and I could see the end of the rainbow shining onto a pasture. To my amazement, as I turned a corner, the rainbow was shining directly onto the interstate in front of me as vehicles drove through it.’’

Bruce said the sight was so awesome people were pulling over to the side of the road.

“I noticed one couple kissing in their vehicle after they had stopped,’’ he said.

I guess there’s nothing more romantic than being at the end of a rainbow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home