Friday, February 02, 2007

End of the rainbow


I’m not going to write about groundhogs this morning. I’m not going to talk about rodents and shadows and six more weeks of winter.
I am going to talk about the weather, though.
I’m going to talk about rainbows.
For the past week, I’ve been hearing stories about rainbows from our readers.
My column about Julie Wallace, a young woman from Macon who is battling cancer, and the hope and promise she has received from rainbows turned out to be even more inspirational than I thought.
Seems like everybody has a rainbow story. They are universal.
One letter I received was from Eva Henderson.
“I wanted someone (who really appreciates rainbows) to know that I was fortunate enough and blessed enough to see the end of a rainbow touching the earth,’’ she said. “I was even more fortunate and blessed to have been able to take a picture of this phenomenon with my camera phone.’’
This wasn’t the same brilliant rainbow Julie, myself and others witnessed on Jan. 5. Eva took the photo on Nov. 7, 2006 on Highway 341 between Perry and Fort Valley. She won’t forget the date because it was Election Day.
“I was heading towards Perry when I spotted the end of the rainbow straight ahead but to the right of the intersection I was about to go through,’’ she said. “I pulled over immediately and took two pictures and then after about three minutes of just looking at this phenomenon, it disappeared. It was a beautiful day (voting day). When I saw this site it was at the end of the raining, the sun was coming out. I have never witnessed anything more beautiful than this sight!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home