Thursday, February 01, 2007

They're playing our ring




Call me old-fashioned, but I’m not into ringtones.

I have a cell phone. Hey, I’m hip. I even wear it on my hip.

However, when it comes to my phone ringing, I don’t need to hear anything on Top 40.

Just give me a simple generic

Rinnnnnggggggg.

Followed by another vanilla

Rinnnnnggggggg.

I don’t need to hear Akon singing “Smack That” when the wife is calling. I could care less about Beyonce or the theme from Charlie Brown or Super Mario Brothers when the boss is on the line.

OK, I know ringtones are artistic and creative diversions. I know they're a sign of individuality.

But some of the same people who extol the coolness of ringtones are the same folks who blush when Beethoven’s Fifth starts playing from their pocket book in the middle of a business meeting?

So just give me a ring. I’ll know it’s the phone. My phone.

If I want to dance, I’ll put a quarter in the jukebox.

Here’s a list of the current top ringtones, according to Billboard.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know Ed, the theme song to the old TV Show 'Mr. Ed' might be good for you...what do you think? A horse is a horse of course....

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, it's times like these when I wonder: What Would Wilbur Do?

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home