Monday, January 22, 2007

Rainy days and Mondays


Hanging around, nothing to do but frown. Rainy days and Mondays always get me down
-- The Carpenters

OK. It’s Monday morning. The electric blanket is toasty. I am wrapped up like a quesadilla.
The alarm goes off. One eye opens, then the other. I try to flip the off-switch on the weekend and switch into the weekday work/school mode.
It’s not working.
I hear the rain. It’s lapping at the window. If this was a gentle, summer rain it would be different.
But it is Jan. 22. Two more months of winter. Uggggghhhhhhh.
I get out of bed and read the weather forecast. 100 percent chance of rain.
Rather depressing.
The worst weather in the world is 40 degrees and raining.
I’m looking at the temperature on the screen. It’s 42 degrees. And raining.
I'm embarrassed to say this but I'm actually thinking about driving the car down to the street to get the paper.
It has been another wacky winter. One day we’re stocking up on bread and milk at the grocery store because there is a chance of sleet and freezing rain.
The next day my child is wearing shorts to school again. There are sweat beads on my forehead and I’m running the air conditioner in the car.
But this morning it is cold. And dark. And it is raining.
Oh, wouldn’t it be nice to stay in bed?
I'm thinking I will. But I won't.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be great. Any chance you can convince our schools to do something about that pesky 8 AM start time?

6:56 AM  
Blogger Ed Grisamore said...

I'm working on it, Alan. Maybe one day I'll be king.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home