Thursday, July 06, 2006

Maybe you've been there

Life is complicated enough without having to figure out the meaning of all these bumper stickers with nothing but letters. It has taken me a while to decipher all this alphabet soup, starting with some of our local schools.

"P" belongs to First Presbyterian Day School. "T" is for Tattnall. "S" is for Stratford. Covenant Academy has claimed "CA" so as not to be confused with Central.

Central is a plain "C," not an endorsement of Mayor C. Jack Ellis. "W" is the property of Westside, unless you still have on your "Dubya" decal from the last Presidential campaign.
About the time I decoded most of the schools in town, folks started displaying an array of beach destinations.

This has been an even more confusing game of Scrabble.

Could I please buy a vowel?

OK, I do know that HH stands for Hilton Head and SGI is St. George Island. SSI is St. Simon's Island. Tybee is a little tricky – TYB.

Last Friday was a particularly taxing day on my brain. On the way to work, I encountered a car with a "GB" on the back windshield. This had me stumped for at least eight blocks until I gave up and figured it was either Great Britain, Green Bay or Greater Bolingbroke.

That evening, Delinda and I were headed down I-16 when we passed a rather slow-moving vehicle with "LE" on the back. She guessed it meant "Lands End.''

"I think that's a beach,'' she said. (I later looked it up. It's in the San Francisco area.)

"Gee,'' I said."I always thought it was a clothing catalog.''

In honor of all the vacations being taken this week, I have come up with my own list of abbreviated getaways. Careful research went into this project. (If you come up with some of your own, feel free to post them at the blog.)

Maybe you've visited some of these places.

CTAWH – Corner Table at Waffle House.

OMIRB – Ocmulgee Mosquito-Infested River Bank.

MSGCR – Mud Slinging Gubernatorial Campaign Rally.

PHIMOIA – Pot Hole in Middle of Ingleside Avenue.

CWP – Cordele Watermelon Patch.

HAHWMPL – Hot as Hades Wal Mart Parking Lot.

BSBCP – Back Sliding Baptist Church Pew.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HSH - Home Sweet Home

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MON - Middle of Nowhere

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOMM-Out Of My Mind

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOMM-Out Of My Mind

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GRODT- Get Rich Or Die Tryin

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How bout...

BOB

means Blog or Bust!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home