Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wishes, wishes, wishes


(Photo by Joel Edward Grisamore)

The wish patrol has been showing up at my house and dropping off a few wishes.
I have been saving them up, so I guess it’s about time to start using them.
  • I wish we all didn’t have to be so politically correct about everything.
  • I wish the world always smelled like bacon frying in the pan.
  • I wish I could go back and thank all my elementary, junior high and high school teachers.
  • I wish the doctor could tell you which kind of medicine you need to take and NOT the insurance company.
  • I wish some otherwise sane people didn’t turn into maniacs when they get behind the wheel of a car.
  • I wish more businesses (like Chick-fil-A) were closed on Sunday and people spent time with their families.
  • I wish there was a national sales tax (fair tax). Everybody would pay based on what they consume.
  • I wish more parents would read to their children instead of sticking them in front of a TV or video game.
  • I wish some people could find more constructive things to do than to vandalize property and infect other people's computers with viruses.
  • I wish there were fewer fathers and more dads.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great points. Perhaps the world would be in better shape if we all thought that way.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish money grew on trees.
I wish ice cream wasn't fattening.
I wish everyone had a home to go to.
I wish flu shots really worked and you only had to take one.
I wish college was free.
I wish this world could live without wars and weapons of mass destruction.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Ed, one of your wishes has come true right here in Wonderful Robins! The new Hobby Lobby in my neighborhood is closed on Sundays, "to allow a day of worship and family time!" Now I just wished they weren't having so many great sales on items that really lure me in (home decor stuff and the cutest hand bags you could imagine!). I really just can't afford to "save" much more money!

My wish is that I'd quit seeing parents in the school car pool line with their kids in the back watching a DVD and the parent on the cell phone. Come on!!!

I wish someone would contact me and buy my house really really really soon!!!!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home