Saturday, June 24, 2006


Rain, rain. Stick around

The sweetest sound in the world is a gentle summer rain on the roof.

I don't know if the rain we got last night was "gentle" but at least it was rain!!!

It has been a long time since I have been that glad to hear the thunder rolling and lightning popping. It was raining when we walked out of Porter Auditorium at Wesleyan College after a great performance of "Pippin" by students at MidSummer Macon's theater camp Friday night.

It has been so dry in Macon these past few weeks I was wondering if we had been annexed by nearby Dry Branch.

Did it rain at your house? How glad were you to get some drops in your flower bed?

I would like to know. So would the other readers. So please post your comments.

By the way, thanks for reading my blog. I just started it Monday, and it's off to a blazing start. I'll keep writing if you keep reading.

(Photo by Joel Edward Grisamore)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lightening was awesome, and the thunder incredible. And, just as I began to worry that another night would go by without it...the dancing of raindrops on my roof lulled me to my favorite chair by a window, where I curled up and drifted to sleep watching the rain bring life back to the greenery outside.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee Ed,
Blogging at four o'clock in the morning? Well, it's good to know I am not the only one up at weird hours of the night. The rain was awesome. Some of my lilies hysterically popped open over night.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Ed. What a great finale to a wonderful evening! The MidSummer Macon teens really did put on a fantastic show at Wesleyan. Afterward, we took our own "star" out for a late supper at the new Japanese steakhouse on Zebulon. (Great food in a beauutiful setting!) After an additional treat from the new ice cream shop across the street and a drive home illuminated by magnificent streaks of light from the sky, everybody enjoyed the lullaby of a classic summer storm. There's nothing like it!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed, I was driving my van from Atlanta with 5 passengers who attended the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship workshops and worship with me. The bottom fell out of the skies on us. It was one of those driving experiences that frigtened me! Could hardly see out of the wind-shield. This went on from Locust Grove to Macon. Thankfully, we arrived safe and sound (though wet) close to midnight. Always trying to find the positive, I rejoiced that we'd finally had some rain! Can you believe though that we didn't get a drop at my house?! Sorry I missed Pippin', but now you know why!!! I know Jake stole the show (cause he told me so today!!!!!!!!!SonyaM p.s. Have you heard from Chipper?????

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE WAY TO ENJOY HWY 41 WAS TO RIDE THE NANCY HANKS ON TRACKS PARALLEL TO 41.GO UP IN THE MORNING,HAVE LUNCH IN THE MAGNOLIA ROOM.RIDE THE SHUTTLE TO DAVISON'S FOR A NICKEL.SHAKE HANDS WITH THE PEANUT MAN AND CATCH NANCY AT SIX O'CLOCK BACK HOME.OH YES YOU WALKED FROM THE STATION TO RICH'S.
MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed, We just had 10 inches of rain. Lots of flooding, roads closed and even 3 Smithsonians closed and dehumidifiers running to keep our National Archives from molding. Off to OBX have a safe and happy 4th. Susie.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home