Friday, May 11, 2007

My friends (and Elvis) at the ARC


The annual community banquet for the Advocacy Resource Center in Macon was held Thursday night at Edgar’s Bistro at the Goodwill Conference center.
There were a lot of tables, and most of them were filled. My guess is that about 150 people were there. Please click here to read more about this great agency: the ARC.
These folks do great work, and the banquet is always a chance to recognize it. I was honored to be master of ceremonies again. I have gotten to know many of the staff, families, volunteers and consumers over the years through personal contact and events such as the Special Olympics.
One of the highlights of the evening for me was when Howard Walter, an ARC consumer, did an impersonation of Elvis, a little “you ain’t nothin’ but a hound dog” karaoke. It brought the house down.
Howard … excuse me, Elvis … was so fired up he’s already thinking about next year. He going to be wearing some blue suede shoes.
Thanks to Dr. Roy Powell for taking these photos for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy Harrell said...

Ed,

I want to thank you for volunteering your time and talent as you served as MC for the awards banquet. You have always been willing to lend us a helping hand, and we are proud to call you our friend.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great evening with some really wonderful, interesting people! The entertainment and speakers were great.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home